Saturday, December 29, 2007

Heaven and Hell and Witchcraft, Oh My!

For a teenager who has Christian parents it's almost impossible for them to practice magick. This doesn't apply to all Christian parents, but it applies to most. The obvious reason why Christian parents don't want their kids to practice magick is because it's sinful and thus this sin will send them to Hell. Well fear not parents, because Hell doesn't exist.

The "Hell" that's mentioned in The Bible was actually a landfill, which today is now a public park. So in that case, I would like to go to "Hell" someday. If you think I'm making this up then go to the following links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell_in_Christian_beliefs#Origins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDbsOW0TNqU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC7WJ6AX4bg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em1kgcuV9bk

Here's a piece of an article that I found on the good old internet regarding Hell.

"It’s easy to understand why hell was invented (if quite late in the biblical record). Eternal damnation solves the sticky part of the problem of evil: Why do good things happen to bad people? Reserving a corner of hell for all who escape well-deserved punishment here on earth balances the moral ledger sheet. Justice is done. Otherwise, not only is life unfair; the afterlife becomes unfair as well.

The problem is, when we project our retributive logic onto a cosmic screen, we pervert the divine image. We predicate hell on the irreverent presumption that God’s appetite for vengeance—an all-voracious version of our own nagging hunger—must be satisfied. "She’ll get hers in hell," we say. That balances our ledger, but it turns God into a jailer.

The idea of purgatory makes perfectly good sense. I can imagine the utility of corrective punishment. But eternal hellfire demeans everything I believe about God. More important, it eviscerates the heart of Jesus’ gospel."

(Source: http://www.beliefnet.com/story/188/story_18822_1.html)

Oh, by the way, if you think that it's fair for someone to literally burn and be tortured for eternity because he or she is a sinner or a non-believer of your religion, then you are sick and twisted! Since I'm the topic, I might as well give you my view on Hell...and I might as well give you my view on Heaven while I'm at it.

To me, Hell is a word used to describe pain and suffering people face in this world. In most religions, not only is it fair for sinners and non-believers to suffer in this life, but it's also fair for them to suffer in the afterlife. But in reality, life isn't fair, and that's why so many good and innocent people go through Hell. When it comes to Heaven, it's simply a state of mind. People who are happy with their lives are in Heaven. However, while these people are in "Heaven", they do go through "Hell" at least once in their lives. While some people wait until they die to experience Heaven created by a god, some people prefer to create their own little Heaven here on earth and enjoy it.

Now if only I could practice magick and express my beliefs without my parents being judegmental and telling me what I can and can not do, I would be closer to "Heaven". I'm so moving out within the first 2 months of 2008.

No comments: